Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Memorial for Boma




About two weeks ago my family went to Martha’s Vineyard for a memorial service for my grandmother, Boma, who passed away in December. She and Pop, my grandfather, lived on Martha’s Vineyard for several years and we grew up spending time there during the summer. The memorial service was very sweet. The family planted a pink dogwood tree in memory of her, some of the other relatives performed musical numbers, and then we shared favorite memories of her over dinner. It was so nice to spend time with the family and a wonderful way to remember Boma.

5 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Amazing photo's as usual!!! I love that picture of Pop and Boma!! How did you get that?? That picture is the sweetest thing. Straight from a magazine! Thank you for sharing your photo's. You two should be the family official photographers! Martha's Vineyard was a ton of fun! miss you guys already!!! If you need more beach time, you are always welcome here. :)

Thierry said...

What a sweet way to remember her! I love the photos, your whole family looks great. Miss you!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

I love your family. Its great to see everyone. I think about the ones I really knew and grew up with all the time. You are all such an awesome family! What a beautiful place!

Becca said...

I love that photo of your grandparents~it's so awesome! You look a lot like your beautiful Boma-how fun that you have all those wonderful memories at Martha's Vineyard!

ML said...

Nice slideshow! Good job on taking all the pictures. I guess there are a few things Jared is good at.