Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sunday Dinner


Alexander and Lizzie
Jared and moi
Mary Leigh and Justin had everyone over for Sunday dinner.  As usual, Mary Leigh outdid herself.  She made a delicious meal that included homemade pretzels, broccoli-cheddar soup, and chocolate cupcakes.  Her house was immaculate and all spooked-out in preparation for Halloween.

As a little girl, my idol was Mary Leigh (the oldest in the family).  I'd follow her around like a lost puppy and offer to do the dishes on her nights so that she'd do my hair, or let me look at her dollhouses.  She's flawless in anything she does.  Somehow she didn't inherit the mediocrity genes that I seem to have in excess.  Anyway,  I still aspire to be like her.  

And I feel especially grateful to be part of such a large, amazing family. I didn't always love it.  When I was younger I was embarrassed to tell anyone that I had ten siblings; and I remember wishing that I was an only child.  Those days are long gone.  I feel incredibly blessed to have such close friendships and examples within my family.  They're a pretty spectacular bunch -- wish the California crew were here, too.
  
Mary Leigh, in all her greatness...she even glows :)
Amy and Madeline

Lizzie, Amy, and Madeline (proudly showing us her new bed)

Ready for Halloween

Freakishly delicious cupcakes
Some of la familia...
Hanging out

Eli and Lizzie playing a duet

Lizzie playing her latest song

Eli's "plus one"

Andrew and Emily

Mary Leigh's stenciling skills...the wall behind the picture


3 comments:

ML said...

Oh stop it! Everything you do is at least as good or better. And you're probably a nicer person. Madeline yikes you better than me.

ML said...

That was pretty mean of me to make you do my chores so that you could sleep with me, when really I was scared to sleep by myself, so I wanted you to sleep with me.

ML said...

Oh stop it! Everything you do is at least as good or better. And you're probably a nicer person. Madeline yikes you better than me.