Monday, May 26, 2008



What Is This Thing That Men Call Death
By President Gordon B. Hinckley

What is this thing that men call
death,
This quiet passing in the night?
'Tis not the end, but genesis
Of better worlds and greater light.

O God, touch Thou my aching
heart,
And calm my troubled, haunting
fears.
Let hope and faith, transcendent,
pure,
Give strength and peace beyond
my tears.

There is no death, but only change
With recompense for victory won;
The gift of Him who loved all men,
The Son of God, the Holy One.



Our niece, Sidney, passed away on Friday, May 23, 2008. Sidney is Jeff and Cassie's oldest child, (Jeff is Jared's older brother). In the years that I have known Sidney, I’ve always been impressed with her constant enthusiasm, and absolute appreciation for life. She’s an incredibly loving, bright, beautiful girl who always seemed to be grinning from ear-to-ear! She's touched our lives with her sweet presence and will be missed very much.

8 comments:

Wesley Warren said...

Amid all of our callings, the socializing in the chapel instead of going to Sunday school, the constant worrying about/chasing of the young men, and not to mention school, marriage, family, etc., it's easy to forget how soothing, empowering and beautiful the gospel is.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I am truly sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to lose someone so young. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. We are both thinking of you two and Jared's family and how precious life is. This reminds us to always appreciate the time we are given with each other and know we will all be together again. Love you.

ML said...

Such a painful thing to have to experience...My heart goes out to your family. It makes me want to be a better parent and make the most of the time that I have with my family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Beautiful pics on the slide show. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers right now. It is so hard when something so unimaginable, like death, takes someone young and beautiful...at least there is some form of comfort knowing she has moved on to a much more beautiful and amazing place.
Love you guys...

The Buckley's said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I can not even imagine! I will remember to keep your family in our prayers and we will always be thinking about you.

Thierry said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. So sad to lose someone so young. It makes me appreciate the knowledge of the gospel even more. My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful slideshow! We sure enjoyed getting to know you both last weekend. Your family is so wonderful and it was so nice of everyone to let us help with the funeral. We miss Sidney and love her.
Fred & Darcy Brown