Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jared's Birthday and the Hurricane Half Marathon


A couple weeks ago Jared signed both of us up to run a half marathon down in Hurricane. The race happened to be on his birthday (April 24th) so we decided to spend most of the weekend down in southern Utah. We drove down Friday with some friends, and did a session at the St. George Temple - we loved that!

On Saturday we got up very early - around 5am - to run. Jared did really well and finished 11th in his division. I was happy with my time. I finished in better time than I anticipated. The race route was very scenic, and the sunrise was amazing! Overall, we both really enjoyed it. It was the first half marathon we've ever run - I don't think it will be our last.

Later that day we enjoyed some relaxing massages. We finished off the day with dessert with some of my family. Even though Jared is another year older,
he is still - most definitely - a kid at heart!


Had to include this picture of Jared as a little tyke - it's one of my favorites.





11 comments:

skymiles said...

Super cute picture of Jared! You two are so adventurous...can I just live vicariously through you?

Kim and Steve said...

Way to go! I bet the scenery was really beautiful!

April said...

congratulations! That is awesome :) I am hoping to do my first 5K and I am scared. I think you are amazing for doing this, I am tired just thinking about it!

Thierry said...

How fun! You two are just so dang cute!!
Lets go running together... you can help me! haha!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Way to go guys!! Such a fun thing to do together. Happy Birday J-Dawg. Seems like a great way to celebrate together.

Jill said...

That is awesome! After running both marathons and half marathons, I would stick with the half marathons, they are much more fun! You guys look great!

ML said...

Good job! You guys are so in shape. I need to drag my flabby self back to the gymn. You look perfect in the pictures!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jared!! And way to go guys!! I would like to run a marathon some time. I think it would help me get back into shape. Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

thats awesome you guys ran a marathon! what a fun thing to do together!

The Hartle's said...

Could you two be any cuter! Teach us your ways!

Jer + Lu said...

Looks like you're quite the runner too!! CONGRATS!!